1. Overview CDI Corporation (“CDI” or “we”), together with its affiliated companies, maintains this website as a service to visitors. Your privacy is important to us. This Privacy Statement is designed so that you may understand how we collect and use data through our website, and to help you make an informed decision about using our website. If you have concerns about our data practices, please do not use this website or provide us with data.
2. Collection, Use, and Sharing of Information We collect two types of information from visitors to our website: (1) traffic data, which shows, for example, how many times and which pages are visited, but does not contain personally identifying information; and (2) personal information, which visitors knowingly and voluntarily choose to disclose. Traffic data is collected by data files such as “cookies” and log files. A “cookie” is a small text file placed on a user’s computer hard drive, which allows a website to identify a particular computer when it returns to the site. Personal information includes data such as your name, e-maile-mail address, and other contact information, work experience, educational history, and other resume information, and any login ID or profile information created or submitted by you. If you log in to our website and create a profile, we may use your information to provide you with information regarding employment opportunities and career-related information, and to otherwise provide you with requested information or services. Further details on the collection and use of the information are below.
a. Traffic Data. When you visit this website we automatically collect information about your computer, server, and browser. This does not personally identify you. Technology files such as “cookies” and log files collect and track this information. We use this data to administer the website and to provide you with personalized and location-based content and make your visit more efficient. Examples of the collected information include the web pages most frequently visited, the services accessed the most, and links to other sites that users most often visit. We may share this data in the aggregate with partners and advertisers.
b. Personal Information. We collect personal information, for example, when you send us an e-mail, create a profile, submit your resume, or enter a contest. We use your e-mail address to respond to you. We use your resume and job request information in our various staffing and recruiting businesses. You should expect that we may disclose this information to other companies and individuals in finding a potential job match. We may not always contact you before this is shared. We may also share information with third parties to provide services to you in our business. We do not sell your data to third parties, unless you have expressly granted us permission to do so.
c. Opt-In E-mail Services. If a user wishes to subscribe to our opt-in e-mail services (for example, our news releases), we ask for contact information such as name and e-mail address. We use the information to send you the e-mails as part of that service.
d. Disclosure of Data. We will also disclose your data as needed to operate our systems; to protect CDI; to prevent fraud or illegal conduct; in the event of a corporate reorganization, sale, or merger of any of our businesses; and if compelled by the government or courts or to comply with laws.
3. Your Consent and Acceptance of our Privacy Practices By using this website, you consent to the collection and use by CDI and its affiliated companies of your personal information as described in this Privacy Statement, you signify your acceptance of our Privacy Statement, and you agree to adhere to the terms and conditions posted on this website.
4. Access to Your Personal Information By utilizing the “Contact Us” area of this website, you can 1. ask for a copy of your personal information; 2. ask for your personal information to be corrected or updated (you can also log into your account and modify your information at any time by using your log-in credentials); and/or 3. ask us to remove your personal information from our records.
To do so, click on email@example.com in the “Contact Us” area. This information is passed via an e-mail submit. If you want a more secure way to communicate with us regarding your personal information, please write or fax to:
Craig Lewis Vice President, Compliance Officer CDI Corporation 1735 Market St. Suite 200, Philadelphia, PA 19103 (fax) 215-636-1233
a. Only our employees who need the information to perform a specific job (for example, a recruiter, a placement representative, or a client service representative) or our website administrators are granted access to personally identifying information.
b. We have certain secure servers where we store personal data. We may also store your personal information in paper document files in our offices.
c. The processes of our business may include sharing your personal information with others to carry out our staffing services, that is, to try to find job matches for applicants and fulfill staffing service requests of client companies.
d. Despite our security measures, we do not represent or warrant that information will be protected against theft, loss, misuse, or improper distribution. You transmit information to us at your own risk. Users are responsible for maintaining the security and confidentiality of their login IDs and passwords to ensure account security.
e. For the most part, communication with us through this website is via e-mail transmission. E-mail transmission can be accessed by other Internet users. Please contact us by a method other than e-mail if you want to keep certain information confidential. See Section 4 above.
6. Messages from CDI, Your Profile, and Your Right to Opt Out
We may, from time to time, use your personal information to send you messages or marketing materials regarding our services, including employment information and job opportunities that you indicated an interest in when creating a profile. You may receive these messages from CDI using various methods, including e-mail, phone, direct mail, and other means of communication.
We do not, however, want to send you information that you do not wish to receive, and you may opt out of receiving these communications or change your preferences, as indicated below.
a. Use E-mail Link. Our informational e-mails will generally contain instructions on how to unsubscribe in the event that you do not wish to receive future informational e-mails from CDI.
b. Make a Direct Request. You can e-mail us directly to request to be removed from our informational e-mail list by sending the request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
7. Links to Affiliated Company Sites and Third Party Sites This website contains links to other sites, both those of affiliated companies and of unaffiliated third parties. Please be aware that CDI is not responsible for the privacy practices of third party sites. We encourage our users to be aware of when they leave our site, and to read the privacy statements of every website that collects personally identifying information. This Privacy Statement applies solely to information collected by CDI via this website.
8. International Data Transfers
CDI and its affiliated companies are part of a global organization that operates in numerous worldwide locations. We also work with business partners, franchisees, and clients in many worldwide locations. We may transfer the personal information we collect to any country where we do business. Those countries may not have the same data protection laws as the country in which you reside. We will comply with the privacy requirements in the countries in which we do business. No matter where we transfer personal information collected, that information will be subject to the specific policies and protections described in this Privacy Statement.
9. Compliance with Laws outside the U.S. This Privacy Statement applies to this site in the United States. If you access this site from outside the United States, you should make sure you do so in compliance with the laws of your jurisdiction.
10. Children’s Online Privacy Protection This website is not intended for use by minors and does not direct content to minors. If you allow a minor child to use this site, you will be responsible for all such use.